Job Title: Stager/Crate Maker
Department: Carpenter Shop
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Openings – 2nd Shift (Part Time)
- Read prints and inspect all special and standard parts for accuracy, and overall quality
- Check all parts for crating against packing list, and make pack list in ECCCO
- Work closely with the Team Leader and other Partners in department
- Assume responsibility for safe operations and quantity and quality of the shipping crates
- Preventative maintenance on assigned equipment in the department such as overhead cranes, forklifts, etc. Operate outside forklift, put away wood, etc.
- Able to distinguish parts with business units
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Complies with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Creates and maintains a working team environment.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as requested by the Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Ability to lift no more than 50 pounds 80% of the time
- Assist with the woodpile
- Knowledge of ECCCO – pack list and scanners for bar-coding
- Be able to block containers and railcars
- Read Tape Measure
- Self Starter
- Must be able to read blueprints
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.