Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Department: Plant Management, Behlen Technology & Mfg.
Location: Omaha, NE
Salary: Based on Qualifications
1 Opening- 1st Shift
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for overall plant manufacturing, leadership, team building, planning, accountability, and meeting customer requirements. This person will work with the General Manager, and partner with the Senior Team Leader and Production Team Leaders to achieve plant objectives and continuous improvement programs through industry-leading quality, and improved production velocity by utilizing the Global Values framework.
Manufacturing Manager provides direction and full support to Team Leaders and Partners in Progress within their areas of responsibility regarding all safety and health issues. They keep fully informed on the status of safety programs and results throughout the corporation, monitor performance of their team, and provide guidance and direction to Team Leaders to achieve desired results. Designing systems that provide a safe environment throughout the operation and developing implementation plans are critical actions. Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Partnering with Production team and Quality systems team if quality issues arise and responsible for stopping production.
- Ensure overall plant and production objectives are defined and met through collaboration with senior leadership.
- Monitor, check, and achieve productivity, effectiveness, and growth through continuous improvement and continuous learning.
- Position manufacturing today and for the future to ship at forecasted business levels, on-time, complete, and with technical excellence.
- Develop the manufacturing plan involving Team Leaders to achieve customer requirements.
- Partner with Business Unit leadership to improve product, reduce costs, and increase manufacturing velocity with best practices.
- Partner with Business Unit leadership to develop capital plans and be responsible for implementation, on time and on budget.
- Work with Team Leaders to achieve manufacturing plan utilizing the concepts of continuous improvement and AIM program.
- Build strong Team Leaders through communication, education, mentoring, motivation, listening, and delegation.
- Provide the tools to Team Leaders and their teams to accomplish the manufacturing plan.
- Work with Team Leader/teams to achieve strong “actively engaged” Partners in Progress utilizing the tools/ concepts available in Behlen Global Values and continuous improvement.
- 3-5 Years metal manufacturing experience
- Four-year college degree in Business/Engineering or related field a plus
- Proven ability to work with and build teams
- Flexible scheduling by working with all shifts when needed
- Some travel to other plants when needed to gain continuous improvement knowledge
- Strong written and communication skills
- Knowledge in the use of computers and manufacturing planning tools
- 3-5 years of continuous improvement experience
- A sense of urgency to achieve success with strong motivated teams
- Ability to work, communicate, and exchange ideas with other teams and leaders
- Ability to read and understand financial information and how to make positive improvement
The candidate in this role needs to possess the ability to motivate and mentor Team Leaders to grow the BTM team to achieve continuous improvement, understand the Business process and Global Competition.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.