Job Title: Certified Welder-Beam Line
Department: Structural Welding (Beam Line)
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Person will be responsible for assembling and/or finish welding structural steel beams ranging from 50 lbs to 10,000 lbs. Person will be required to maintain tolerances within the Structural Weld Manual using tape measure, square, protractor, fillet weld gauge, etc. Accuracy is very important and all parts must be checked against prints and structural weld manual to ensure proper fit and compliance with all codes. Person will be required to load, unload, and store structural beams using an overhead crane. Will also be required to operate all necessary equipment such as welder, torch, gouger, shear, punch, etc. CWB Certification highly encouraged.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2008.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Have or achieve AWS Certification at the D1.1 & D1.3 standard (or CWB equivalent) within 14 days of awarded job (internal pre-qualification required, prior to offering position).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Flexibility with both work assignments and weekends.
- Ability to read and interpret shop prints and Weld Tolerance Manual.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Use required measuring devices such as tape measure, square, weld gauge, etc. to accurately check and document part quality.
- Safely operate overhead crane to load and unload material.
- Identify and select raw material while maintaining traceability.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.