TRIM LINE OPERATOR Columbus, Nebraska
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Person will be responsible for full requirements of the Trim Line, including operating slitter, press brake, folder, etc. Must also be able to determine proper sequence and setup to balance series of in-line machines, simultaneously as well as determine proper material utilization. Will be required to use overhead crane, jib hoists, and lift truck to move raw material and finished product.
- Complies with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for safety and training of assigned Partners in Progress
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Creates and maintains a working team environment.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Performs routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as needed/assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe work habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work toward continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015 procedures
- Basic math skills, read and interpret prints, and accurately use basic measuring instruments
- Ability to operate overhead crane and forklift (forklift certification required)
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
- Computer experience; ECCCO preferred
- Flexible – able to move between departments when needed
- Able to work overtime (based on customer demands) including carpenter shop, when needed
- Able to move from one machine to another
- Must be self-starter and team player
- Minimum of 1 year experience on presses, uncoilers, or slitter is preferred
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. 40% of the time
- Ability to grip to hold material
- See the back of posting for physical requirements of this position.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.