Job Title: Tool & Die Maker
Department: Tool Room, Behlen Technology & Mfg.
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedure, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to work from complicated drawings and specifications, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to assemble new dies and weld jigs from prints.
- Perform layout work to prescribed specifications and tolerances.
- Read detail prints and produce tools.
- Some welding maybe required.
- Machining experience on the following equipment: mills, lathes, surface grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, machines and gauges.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Team Leader.
- Associates degree or completed apprenticeship preferred in Tool & Die or related field preferred plus 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Ability to lift 5 to 15 lbs. 90% of the time, 15 to 30 lbs. 10% of the time.
- Will need to be forklift certified.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.