Job Title: Team Leader
Department: Stock Tanks
Location: McGregor, TX
1 Opening – 2nd shift
- Take leadership responsibilities for quantity, quality, and efficiency of work
- Practice and have the Team actively involved in the Global Values to create and sustain the culture
- Assists and educate partners to achieve continuous improvement in AIM and Gainsharing
- Communicate production issues with other shifts
- Utilization of capacity planning and dispatch reports
- Maintain Safety, housekeeping, and production flow in the assigned areas
- Maintain a high-working knowledge of materials, machinery, and products
- Work closely with Manufacturing Manager on all activities in the department
- Majority of work will be direct labor. Shift leadership responsibility includes communication with shift and direction of the workflow through the department to meet production schedules
- Responsible for monitoring raw and finished goods inventory
- LEAN Implementation
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Complies with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Creates and maintains a working team environment.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment in all work stations.
- Responsible for any other tasks assigned by Team Leader, as required.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Ability to operate various machines in area
- Excellent team building skills
- Willing to learn, practice and share LEAN ideas with the team
- Train and direct all new employees
- Experience on stock tank and/or mesh line desired
- The ability to work with people, to take on assigned tasks
- Should be able to lift, push, or pull up to 60 to 75 pounds 40% of the time
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.