Job Title: Team Leader
Department: Presses, Tube Laser and Franklin Line
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Successful candidate will be responsible for Brake Presses, Punch Presses, Alltra II, Tube laser, Franklin Angle and other metal fabrication equipment. Will be required to coordinate with Manufacturing Managers, Schedulers from all B.V and other Team Leaders to ensure on time production, to achieve team goals. Candidate may need to work direct labor to fill openings on the production line.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedure, policy and job safety analysis (JSA)
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems
- Responsible for the safety and training of others; including performing orientations
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement
- Assist and educate partners in progress to achieve continuous improvement through AIM and Gainsharing
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision
- Responsible for daily planning and coordination of team resources
- Responsible for scheduling & completion of work within the department for other business units
- Responsible for any additional tasks as needed or assigned by Manufacturing Managers
- Responsible for preventative maintenance at all working stations
- Good Communication Skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Requires thorough knowledge of parts and equipment within area
- Flexibility with work assignments, shifts, and weekends
- Ability to Read and Interpret Blueprints
- Ability to use ECCCO System to track parts, etc.
- Ability to develop people through cross training and demonstrate leadership ability
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to identify various materials properly utilizing appropriate tools
- Ability and willingness to learn and operate all equipment on production line
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.