Job Title: Team Leader
Department: Machine Shop
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Pay Range: Depending on Qualifications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9001:2015 Systems
- Maintain Safety, housekeeping, and production flow in the assigned areas
- Take leadership responsibilities for quantity, quality, and efficiency of work
- Practice and have the Team actively involved in the Global Values to create and sustain the culture
- Assists and educate partners to achieve continuous improvement in AIM and Gainsharing
- Communicate production issues with other shifts/Provide monthly safety meetings and business update info
- Maintain a high-working knowledge of materials, machinery, and products
- Shift leadership responsibility includes communication with shift and direction of the workflow through the department to meet production schedules
- Responsible for monitoring raw and finished goods inventory
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on equipment in all work stations.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned or need by Manufacturing Manager and General Manager
- Ability to learn and operate various machines in area
- Excellent team building skills
- Willing to learn, practice and share continuous improvement ideas with the team
- Train and direct all new employees
- Must have passed the math test
- The ability to work with people, to take on assigned tasks
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, use ECCCO system and track parts, etc.
- Associates Degree in Tooling is a plus
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.