Job Title: Structural Detailer
Department: Drafting, Trident Building Systems
Location: Sarasota, FL
1 Opening – 1st Shift
FUNCTION: Create fabrication and construction drawings for Structural Steel Buildings; prepare bills of materials; create cut lists; update databases.
- Create plan drawings from engineered drawings/blueprints, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; confer with engineers and product designers as needed.
- Prepares detail drawings of beams, columns, embeds, bar joist, decking, bolts, connections and weld joints via AutoCAD and SDS-2.
- Prepares supporting information by developing bills of materials; standard parts, and fasteners, etc.
- Modify drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes
- Document work by recording data and drawings; update databases.
- Perform similar job related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or vocational school.
- Extensive experience detailing/drafting fabrication/construction drawings of structural steel building via AutoCAD and SDS-2 is required – minimum 5 years experience.
- CNC software experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of SDS-2, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and CNC related software.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of structural steel material.
- Understand and implement building codes, AISC, OSHA, ASTM, and AWI requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of mathematics, geometry and trigonometry as applied to drafting functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and company officials.
- Communicate effectively; orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Perform under pressure.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.