Structural Design Engineer Columbus, Nebraska
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications
1 Opening – 1st shift
- Individual will be responsible for structural design engineering functions related to fluid and granular commodity storage structures.
- Work in a team to develop new products, and revise standard products while maintaining industry leading quality
- Aid in the resolution of customer service claims.
- Instruct and assist design and layout drafting personnel in the preparation of drawings, calculations, and specifications
- Check completed drawings for accuracy of design, dimensions, tolerances, material specifications, etc.
- Continuous learning, which includes keeping well informed on new developments in the commodity storage industry through contact with educational institutions, professional societies, and manufacturer trade shows
- Work with the sales team on feasibility, pricing, and scheduling of project requests
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015 system.
- Responsible for any additional task assigned by the Team Leader
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or other applicable engineering field.
- Working knowledge of current building codes, ASCE7, and AISC/AISI steel design specifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Finite Element Analysis experience is a plus
- 3D structural analysis software experience is a plus
- Experience with or exposure to fluid storage structural design/analysis is a plus.
- Team Player
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.