Job Title: Stager/Loader
Department: Behlen Country Shipping
Location: Columbus, NE
Multiple Openings – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Accurately and completely check all outgoing and incoming shipments as shipped or received.
- Check packing list against part number and visual identification of parts prior to loading. Will be working with customers, transportation and manufacturing departments.
- Locate parts in staging areas and indicate on packing lists if it should show shipped or back ordered. Requires thorough knowledge of parts and location of parts in staging area, familiarity with requirements of truck loading, weight, length, height, etc.
- Responsible for handling and protection of all parts, also responsible to see that all parts are properly placed on vehicle and secured to prevent damage while in transit.
- Band parts in field and on truck when needed
- Assume responsibility for quality and quantity of work performed
- Responsible for any other tasks as needed/assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to operate portable crane, forklift, and yard tractor and become forklift certified.
- Work flexible hours
- Should be able to lift 20-60 pounds approximately 40-70% of the time and up to 90 pounds 40% of the time.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.