Job Title: (Powder Painter) Spray Painter
Location: Columbus, NE
2 Openings –3rd Shift
- Learning the characteristics of the various paints and thinners– drying, quality, toxicity and safe handling and storage of waste materials
- Need to learn and assume responsibility for cleaning, adjusting and repairing of powder guns
- Assume responsibility for safe operations and the quality and quantity of the finished product
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to operate powder touch up gun, set up, operate, and maintain electrostatic airless equipment and high-pressure air-plant guns
- Successfully complete a training program to assure compliance with hazardous waste management procedures (RCRA)
- Ability to lift approximately 55 pounds 60% of the time
- May be asked to complete Hazardous Material training and to join Behlen Hazardous Material Team
- Must be able to pass respiratory clearance
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.