Job Title: Quality Systems Technician
Department: Quality Systems, Behlen Technology & Manufacturing
Location: Omaha, NE
Wage Range: Dependent Upon Qualifications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis
- Work with the Quality and Engineering teams to develop/maintain a company-wide quality system that complies with ISO 9000.
- Through promotion, encouragement, and planning assistance, this position will help our business units toestablish and achieve our objectives for “built in” quality.
- Provide information and data required for generation of part-verification gauging.
- Maintain/perform calibration of measuring devices, along with maintaining calibration database.
- Ensure completion of new part inspection requirements and measurements.
- In conjunction with Engineering, help to prepare, review, and submit first article documents to include PPAPs to customer requirements.
- Investigate non-conforming material issues/process. Work with Team Leaders, Manufacturing
Managers, Purchasing and Customers for a resolution.
- Support and maintaining an internal quality audit system. Generate and perform internal auditsand provide corrective action feedback.
- Provide and maintain a system for controlling documentation of quality policies and procedures.
- Representing our company and coordinating audits from an outside source.
- Ability to work toward continuous improvement of product quality.
- Maintaining our CAR (Corrective Action Request) system.
- Train to be a lead Auditor.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience related to Quality/Manufacturing
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to read measuring devices (micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A participative management style
- Good team building skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Good attention to detail, ability to work on their own
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.