Job Title: Behlen Country Plant Manager/Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Location: Baker City, OR
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Description: This Plant Manager position has an immediate priority for this location to increase shipping levels from $900,000 per week to $1,500,000 per week, while growing plant productivity to 80% and beyond. Utilize skills in Continuous Improvement and LEAN to help achieve the desired results of the Behlen Country Business Unit. The Plant Manager is responsible for all operations, safety, quality, productivity, facilities, manufacturing, leadership, environmental, planning, accountability, and meeting customer requirements for the Behlen Country Business Unit in the Baker City, Oregon regional plant. Build strong teamwork and culture utilizing the Behlen Global Values framework, coaching, variable pay tools, and positive motivation. Partner with resources available in the Columbus, Nebraska location as well.
- Provide leadership to the entire organization within the Behlen Country Baker City regional plant.
- Responsible for Strategic Planning/Budgeting each year to achieve goals and set future goals.
- Monitor, check, achieve, and sustain productivity, effectiveness, and growth through continuous improvement and continuous learning.
- Develop the manufacturing plan involving Manufacturing Manager and Team Leaders to achieve customer requirements and company shipping goals.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager and Team Leaders to achieve the manufacturing plan utilizing the concepts of continuous improvement, 5S Lean Manufacturing, and the AIM program.
- Build strong Team Leaders through communication, education, mentoring, motivation, listening and delegation.
- Provide the tools to the Manufacturing Manager, Team Leaders, and their production teams to accomplish the manufacturing plan.
- Interface with other Behlen Country locations to improve product, flow, reduce cost, and provide innovation.
- Understand the customer market challenges. Performance measure: Growing to $1.5M/week in shipments of customer’s orders.
- Understand the Behlen Country competitors.
- Provide a culture that achieves strong “actively engaged” Partners in Progress.
- Be present in the organization and readily available for all Partners in Progress.
- Report plant results weekly and at Quarterly Profit Review meetings in Nebraska as needed.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- 5 Year’s Plant Manager experience in a manufacturing setting
- Four Year College degree in Business or related field, with Minimum of one year experience with Accounting
- Ability to read and understand financial information to affect positive improvement.
- Some travel to branch plants when needed to gain continuous improvement knowledge.
- Strong written and communication skills
- A sense of urgency to achieve success with strong motivated teams.
- Ability to work, communicate, and exchange ideas with other teams and leaders
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.