Job title: Outside Sales Manager – Behlen Technology & Mfg./Custom Fabrication
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Description: Looking for a highly motivated individual with proven communication and sales skills. Must have a good track record of sales achievements and willingness to go out into the market and build new business. Duties include obtaining and developing new business for both Custom Fabrication (CF) and Behlen Technology & Manufacturing (BTM) business units, while maintaining our existing customer relationships. The Outside Sales Manager is responsible for gaining in depth knowledge of our core competencies along with our customers’ operations and products. Candidate should possess a technical background that would allow the ability to bring value to our customers by solving their problems.
- Build relationships with existing customers and cultivate new opportunities within these clients
- Identify and develop new customers
- Proactive involvement in strategic planning and sales forecasting
- Partner with CF and BTM management, scheduling, and production teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to process sales quotations and follow up on previous quotations
- Partner with CF/BTM Engineering and Estimating teams with a proactive involvement in pricing to ensure margins and business development targets
- Ensure all customers are priced at expected levels of profitability
- Represent CF and BTM in a professional manner at all times with integrity, honesty, and great customer service
- Conduct customer product training and customer meetings
- Coordinate and participate in selected customer buying shows and trade shows as needed
- Coordinate mailings, special quotes, promotional programs, etc. with marketing for these business units
- Achieve sales goals that include continuous growth of a minimum of 5% each fiscal year
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policies, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Achieve and maintain continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015
- Four Year College degree in a related field
- Strong sales, customer service, and negotiating skills
- Ability to learn the entire product line of CF and BTM business units
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organization skills
- Goal oriented team player with desire for continuous improvement and learning in a rapidly changing competitive environment
- Have a strong desire for competition, growth, and leading
- Business and Financial acumen
- Computer knowledge
- Willingness to travel the targeted territory (w/in 500 miles of Omaha) 75% of the time, with remaining 25% in Omaha/Columbus facility.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.