Job Title: TOOL & DIE MAKER
Department: 4002 – Tool Room, Behlen Technology & Mfg.
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Location: Omaha, NE
NMTA Level: Based on Qualifications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedure, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to work from complicated drawings and specifications, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to assemble new dies and weld jigs from prints.
- Perform layout work to prescribed specifications and tolerances.
- Read detail prints and produce tools.
- Some welding maybe required.
- Machining experience on the following equipment: mills, lathes, surface grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, machines and gauges.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Team Leader.
- Associates degree or completed apprenticeship preferred in Tool & Die or related field preferred plus 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Ability to lift 5 to 15 lbs. 90% of the time, 15 to 30 lbs. 10% of the time.
- Will need to be forklift certified.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so.