Job Title: CNC OPERATOR
Department: 4003 – CNC, Behlen Technology & Mfg.
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Wage Range: Based on Qualifications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Must have the ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015 Systems
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for planning and performing a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal workpieces to specifications.
- Responsible for performing diversified operations on numerical control machining centers
- Performing a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Responsible for interpreting complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Responsible for observing and listening to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Responsible for loading control media in machine control console or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database
- Responsible for adjusting machine feed, speed, and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications in the event that automatic programming malfunctions
- Responsible for performing machine maintenance
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Team Leader
- One year certificate from college or technical school or three to six months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand CNC programs
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics, plane, and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Problem solving skills and ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic hand and measuring tools
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Partner in Progress to successfully perform the essential functions of this job