Department 6071 – Ag Sales
Salary: Based on Qualifications
1 Opening – 1st Shift
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to execute the following essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Service the national territory by traveling to and meeting existing and potential customers to conduct sales calls, meetings, surveys, training, equipment site visits, and troubleshooting while growing sales volume and market share.
- Ensure adequate geographic coverage and identify coverage gaps. Target and develop new distribution channels including dealers and contractors. Build and expand new and existing relationships with key customers and dealers.
- Accountable to deliver on KPI’s related to sales and market share growth as set forth annually.
- Provide equipment recommendations and quotations using performance and industry specifications, technical literature and documentation, computer software and industry experience.
- Build and maintain market knowledge including primary customer needs to determine customer needs, volume, potential, pricing, and advertising
- Maintain and continuously improve industry, competitor, and product knowledge including sales applications, industry trends, general training and selling skills and product support knowledge.
- Participate in trade and industry related exhibitions, shows, demonstrations and meetings
- Work closely with administrative team and share customer service duties as necessary, including supporting credit collections.
- Maintain clear and concise project and customer records and document all meetings with customers.
- Work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 systems.
- Responsible for other tasks as required by the company or Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering or other related field or relevant work experience.
- Must be comfortable with travel and be willing to travel frequently with a minimum expectation of fifty percent travel.
- Familiarity with Agriculture/Grain Storage and Processing industry.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience growing and developing sales and market share in agricultural markets.
- Results driven, independent and energetic.
- Positive self-starter comfortable working alone or in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including good oral and written English skills.