Job Title: Master Scheduler – Behlen Country
Department: Behlen Country Sales
Location: Columbus, NE
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
Opening: 1 Opening – 1st Shift
Description: This position is responsible for production scheduling to support the weekly shipping goals for Columbus, and grow to incorporate the other branch plants. We are looking for someone who utilizes extensive communication, new scheduling tools, and team building in support of taking care of customer order’s within the 10 day lead-time. Current processes will need to be streamlined and updated. This person will have the ability to be creative and work with Team Leaders, IT, Logistics, and Manufacturing Managers to get the most out of any new tools. Attention to detail, high accuracy, and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Partner with Logistics to achieve lead time goals for branch items, external partners, customer shipments
- Participate in the daily production meeting in COL for achieving the manufacturing goals for the week
- Communicate any schedule changes timely
- Determine production schedules to support high productivity within departments
- Schedule with a sense of urgency, while maintaining a positive team environment
- Analyze work center capacity
- Plan weekly schedules, and provide input for monthly, quarterly, and yearly planning goals
- Work with manufacturing systems to keep inventory accurate
- Create tools to keep a clear picture for production
- Drive to achieve lead-time goals for external partners, internal departments, and customer needs
- Communicate to the team weekly on obstacles and solutions to overcome them
- Be able to work flexible hours & travel to branch locations.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work at a fast pace while maintaining a positive team environment.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001 system.
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience and education; willingness to work toward APICS certification a plus.
- Knowledge & experience with ECCCO/ERP desired.
- Knowledge of Behlen Country manufacturing processes and flow preferred
- Exceptional communication & scheduling skills.
- Must be willing to work 6 days a week to support production/shipping teams during high volume times
- Successful experience in a team environment.
- Strong PC skills (ECCCO, Microsoft Word, Excel).
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.