Job Title: Maintenance Tool Crib Attendant
Department: Maintenance and General Stores
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
This is an opportunity for a safety-conscious individual to utilize their organizational skills to order, receive, store, and disperse repair parts, hand tools, safety supplies, various materials, production supplies, and equipment within the Behlen Tool Crib system. Will also perform some limited assembly work as noted below. This position requires an individual who can work with minimal instruction and is self-motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works within a consolidated Behlen Tool Crib system that supports equipment and facility maintenance as well as general shop and consumable items.
- Develop relationships with vendors. Use vendor relationships to improve machine component reliability and ensure the right component for Behlen applications.
- Understand vendor portfolios to negotiate best price for machine wear parts.
- Issue tools, supplies, parts and equipment to people for departments, work orders, and personal purchases.
- Maintains records in ECCCO, ER Portal and/or CMMS E-Maintenance systems of equipment received, issued, and returned.
- Set up new hires in ER Portal and Supply Pro or other software platforms along with maintaining records.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory/cycle counts and maintains perpetual inventory of all stock within the tool crib.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming inventory.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment.
- Makes recommendations on quality and quantity of inventory stocked in the crib.
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality.
- Coordinate with Purchasing to determine items to stock and elimination of obsolete and slow moving items.
- Ensure replenishment of stock takes place.
- Process monthly reports to collect dollar amounts issued to departments or individuals.
- Establish and evaluate goals for inventory turns and maintain inventory to support those goals.
- Coordinates the issuance of weld helmets to include deposits as well as returning of helmets with Partners in Progress.
- Maintain and stock Tool Crib vending machines.
- Knowledge to do air hose assembly as needed or train others to do so.
- Knowledge to build hydraulic hose and maintain in house inventory of hydraulic hose components.
- Tape measure verification including those from other plants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good math skills
- Ability to read tape measure
- Computer literate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attendance
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. occasionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mechanical/tooling knowledge a plus
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.