Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Department: Maintenance, Behlen Technology & Mfg.
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and repair of the mechanical and electrical systems of production equipment including grinders, assembly machines, presses, electric and hydraulic motors, electrical wiring, etc.
- Accountable for machine down time in each department
- Manages maintenance functions for the facility. Areas included are building utility systems, equipment maintenance and building and grounds maintenance
- Ensures that maintenance department objectives are met including project, cost, quality and safety factors.
- Ability to perform all functions required to rig, move, and erect all types of machines and equipment and prepare foundations, secure, level, and align machines properly
- Ability to perform skilled operations such as: fitting and aligning bearings, spindles, shafts and scrape ways; fit, align and calibrate measuring devices and feeding mechanisms
- Knowledge of the use of scales, squares, micrometers, calipers, indicators, go levels, verniers, sine bars, parallels, etc.
- Responsible for implementing/repairing overhead cranes by OSHA standards
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for maintaining a working team environment
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment
- Responsible for safety, quality and production with limited supervision
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader
- 2 year electrical/mechanical degree preferred, at least 2 years of experience required
- Preferred PLC background
- Must be able to use hand/power tools
- Experience with laser cutting and welding a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and supportive to meet changing work demands
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems required
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems and determine the root cause
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- HVAC, Plumbing, Painting, and Drywall experience preferred; certification a plus.
- This position is primarily 1st shift, but needs to be flexible in hours worked as we need to make sure that we meet our customer’s needs.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.