Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st shift
Salary: Dependent on qualifications
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment and facility for effective maintenance, preventative, and repair programs and equipment safety programs.
- Responsible for tracking and administering of company-wide PM schedules for all production machines.
- Drive the Reliability Program. Lead the performance and development of the site’s Maintenance and Reliability initiative by setting expectations, coaching, providing feedback, training maintenance partners and fostering teamwork to build a safe, productive, and proactive maintenance and reliability team.
- Oversee the prioritization, planning, and scheduling of maintenance and repair work to optimize utilization of personnel and maximize equipment availability.
- Oversee storeroom operations including spare parts inventories. Responsible for monthly spare parts expenses, cost forecasting, and annual maintenance budget preparation.
- Prepare maintenance metrics to track, trend, communicate and drive action to continuously improve equipment performance and optimize asset utilization. Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9001 systems.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of capital equipment purchases, modifications, and associated spare parts purchases.
- Responsible for implementing/repairing overhead cranes by OSHA standards
- Oversees facility based upkeep and repairs
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis). Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures, lock out tag out procedures, and employee handbook
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- A four year college degree in Business or related field a plus
- 5 years of manufacturing maintenance management experience preferred
- Good understanding of proactive / reliability maintenance processes (Planning / Scheduling, PM”s)
- A team player and demonstrated ability to lead teams and achieve goals
- Experience using continuous improvement methodologies and root cause analysis. LEAN principles.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications, web based applications, and related software
- Broad knowledge of mechanics and electrical work
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so
- Good planning, communication and organization skills
- Telephone access a necessity
- Ability to work towards the continuous improvement of product quality
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste training
- May be asked to complete HazMat training and to join Behlen HazMat team
- Ability to work with and schedule outside contractors and vendors
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.