Job Title: Maintenance Electrical Tech
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 3rd shift
This is an opportunity for a safety-conscious individual to utilize their electrical and organizational skills. This position requires an individual who can work with minimal instruction and self-motivated.
- A broad knowledge of electrical services and capable of working from machine design drawings, specifications and maintenance instructions including electrical schematics.
- Assists Team Leader with projects, predictive maintenance, PM repair and general maintenance tasks specific to but not limited to electrical applications.
- May be required to order replacement parts. Inspects completed repairs.
- May also be tasked to assist in facility maintenance and facility services including maintenance and repairs of plant, office, and other structures.
- Assist in assuring that maintenance department objectives are met including project, cost, quality and safety factors.
- Responsible to ensure all documented procedures are followed.
- Responsible to help in maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping
- Responsible for safety, quality and production with limited supervision.
- Assist in the development of predictive maintenance programs.
- Experience using PLC software to troubleshoot or repair machinery.
- Assist in installation of power supply and control wiring to include conduit installation.
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- A two-year degree in electro-mechanical technology or equivalent experience and willing to continue to broaden educational background.
- Ability to work from aerial buckets and in confined spaces.
- May be required to adjust weekly schedule in order to meet departmental needs.
- Willing to work overtime and off-shift as needed and be available for weekend call-in rotation schedule.
- Must carry a company cell phone on scheduled weekends.
- Must be able to trouble shoot machinery or mechanical equipment and make decisions on how to repair. Insures that all safety procedures are followed.
- Support TPM and schedule TPM of electrical equipment.
- Must have knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70E regulations.
- A team player
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so
- Good planning, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work towards the continuous improvement of product quality.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.