Job Title: Machine Operator
Location: Baker City, OR
2 Openings – 2nd shift
- Set machine properly according to material requirements.
- Maintain machine and perform other operations as necessary.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision
- Change tooling, load bundles in machine
- Lean practices, high quality output
- Will be required to operate machines in the department such as: single bender, double bender, nibbler, niagra, cut-off, brake, swedger, chop saw, cold cut saw, iron worker, etc.
- Need to be able to use a tape, micrometer, caliper, blueprints and set up or program the machines in department
- Be able to identify the difference between material gauges (14GA, 16G, 18G, 20G, and 22G) hot roll/cold roll, and galvanized
- Gainsharing conscious
- Run other machines as needed
- Responsible for any other tasks as needed/assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Must have the ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015 Systems
- Team player
- Good Communications
- Good math skills
- Need to be able to lift 40 pounds approximately 25% of the time
- Forklift, Combilift, and Crane certification is required
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.