Job Title: Logistics Manager – Behlen Country
Department: Behlen Country Sales
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Description: This position is responsible for accurate on time shipments of products to customers. Behlen Country is looking to streamline their processes that take place after an order is in the system, to drive better lead-times. Attention to detail, high accuracy, and excellent communication skills are essential. This position will work with scheduling and Team Leaders on when the customer’s products will be available to load.
- Responsible for moving customer orders between branch plants to support maximum capacity at each location
- Progress customer orders through the system for manufacturing and shipping to clearly see what is needed for loads each week
- Progress through the system products made in Columbus for branch plants to help them achieve their weekly manufacturing and shipping goals
- Partner with Manufacturing Managers to achieve the week’s manufacturing and shipping schedule, and understand work center capacity
- Group customer orders together for efficiency, targeting the least amount of miles for each route
- Drive to achieve 10-day lead-times from the Customer’s order date to delivery
- Support all teams in being on-time and complete with customer’s orders
- Participate in the daily production meeting in COL for achieving the manufacturing goals for the week
- Analyze the items that are longer production lead-times
- Schedule and monitor outsourcing operation and communicate the schedule to Manufacturing Managers
- Be able to work flexible hours & travel to branch locations.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work at a fast pace while maintaining a positive team environment.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001 system.
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience and education; willingness to work toward APICS certification a plus.
- Knowledge & experience with ECCCO/ERP desired.
- Knowledge of Behlen Country manufacturing processes and flow preferred
- Exceptional communication & scheduling skills.
- Must be willing to work 6 days a week to support production/shipping teams during high volume times
- Successful experience in a team environment.
- Strong PC skills (ECCCO, Microsoft Word, Excel).
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.