Job Title: Loader / Shipping
Department: Shipping – Behlen Technology & Mfg.
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9001
- Accurately and completely check all outgoing and incoming shipments as shipped or received.
- Check packing list against part number and visual identification of parts prior to loading. Will be working with customers, transportation and manufacturing departments.
- Locate parts in staging areas and indicate on packing lists if it should show shipped or back ordered. Requires thorough knowledge of parts and location of parts in staging area, familiarity with requirements of truck loading, weight, length, height, etc.
- Responsible for handling and protection of all parts, also responsible to see that all parts are properly placed on vehicle and secured to prevent damage while in transit.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Ability to operate portable crane, forklift.
- Knowledge of parts; location of parts; familiarity with requirements of truck loading, including weight, length, height, etc.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written.
- Should be able to lift 20-60 pounds approximately 40-70% of the time and up to 90 pounds 40% of the time.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.