Job Title: Human Resources Representative
Department: Human Resources
Location: Omaha, NE
Wage Range: Dependent upon qualifications
1 Opening – 1st Shift
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing Human Resource activities that include recruitment of Partners in Progress, retainment of current Partners in Progress, and planning for future growth of production and administrative positions required within the Omaha Plant. A key part of this position is to partner with the Plant Manager and Team Leaders to support current and future strategic and business growth.
- Manage recruitment and interview process for production/administrative Partners in Progress.
- Coordinate and conduct new Partner in Progress orientations and schedule pre-employment evaluations.
- Ensure that all action forms, requisitions, etc. are processed in a timely manner with appropriate approvals.
- Conduct day to day human resource operations to support Partner in Progress human resource needs as follows:
- Maintain HRIS and Payroll records
- Leave of Absence and Short Term Disability
- Conduct stay interviews and analyze data to help create retention strategies.
- Conduct exit interview process, analyze, and share data.
- Promote Partner in Progress Engagement survey, education of team leaders on survey data, and assist in developing action plans for improvement.
- Counsel Team Leaders on performance improvement process.
- Coordinate communication of Viewpoints, including translation and company information.
- Attend career fairs and represent Company at various functions.
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in various company sponsored activities and programs. Be an active member of the Activities Committee.
- Assist in organizational training and development efforts.
- Partner to build a strong culture of safety. Report work comp related incidents, follow up on open cases, and maintain OSHA logs.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001 with focus on placing Partners in Progress in their strengths.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related field of study
- Three (3) plus years of well-rounded Human Resources experience
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity and experience, confidence, and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive Human Resources issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint & Customer service oriented
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.