Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: McGregor, TX
Opening – 1st Shift
Position Summary: To partner with various Departments and Support Groups to provide value-added Human Resources services.
- Manage recruitment and interview process for exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientations and schedule pre-employment tests.
- Prepares paperwork required to place Partner in Progress on payroll and establishes HR file.
- Ensure that all action forms, requisitions, etc. are processed in a timely manner with appropriate approvals.
- Conduct stay interviews and analyze data to help create retention strategies.
- Day to day contact for benefits related questions and conduct new hire benefits orientation.
- Conduct exit interview process, analyze, and share data.
- Promote Partner in Progress Engagement survey, education of team leaders on survey data, and assist in developing action plans for improvement.
- Counsels on performance improvement process.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Coordinate communication of Viewpoints, including translation and company information.
- Attend career fairs and represent Company at various functions.
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in various company sponsored activities and programs. Partner with Activities Committee.
- Assist in organizational training and development efforts.
- Partner to build a strong culture of safety. Report work comp related incidents and follow up on open cases.
- Support administrative functions as assigned for McGregor location.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent communicator (oral, written, interpersonal), including the desire to ask questions and learn from co-workers
- Strong administrative and data management skills
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or a related field of study
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Three (3) plus years of well-rounded Human Resources experience
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive Human Resources issues
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.