Job Title: Grain Systems/Storage Structural Design Engineer
Department: Ag Engineering
Location: Columbus, NE
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications
1 Opening – 1st shift
- Individual will be responsible for structural design engineering functions related to grain storage structures. Primarily grain bins.
- Lead the structural design and/or development of new products, and changes to standard products while maintaining industry leading quality
- Aid in the resolution of customer service claims.
- Instruct and assist design and layout drafting personnel in the preparation of drawings, calculations, and specifications
- Check completed drawings for accuracy of design, dimensions, tolerances, material specifications, etc.
- Continuous learning which includes keeping abreast of and well informed on new developments in the grain industry through contact with educational institutions, professional societies, and manufacturer trade shows
- Work with the sales team on pricing, scheduling, and feasibility of project requests
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015 system.
- Responsible for any additional task assigned by the Team Leader
- 10+ years’ experience in design and development. Preferably in structural design of grain bins or tanks.
- Extensive knowledge of current building codes and AISC/AISI steel design specifications
- Finite Element Analysis experience. Preferably dealing with curved structures
- Structural research and development experience
- Team Player
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.