Job Title: Gooseneck Delivery Driver McGregor, Texas
Shift: 1st Shift
Location: McGregor, Texas
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2008.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product on each load.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Accurately complete and check all paperwork
- Check packing list against part number and visual identification of parts with customer while product is being unloaded. Will be working with customers, transportation and Shipping departments.
- Locate parts on load if necessary and indicate on packing lists if it should show shipped or back ordered. Requires thorough knowledge of product and loading process, familiarity with requirements of truck loading, weight, length, height, etc.
- Responsible for handling and protection of all parts, also responsible to see that all parts are properly placed on vehicle and secured to prevent damage while in transit.
- Make local deliveries primarily within 200 miles
- Occasionally making special delivery trips beyond 200 miles, potentially to stay overnight
- Be professional with customers and provide any feedback to the office.
- Responsible for notifying the office when maintenance is due on pickups or trailers. Rotate tires, change oil, repack wheel bearings etc. Keep good records of MTCE schedule.
- Ability to operate forklift, yard tractor, and become forklift certified.
- Work flexible hours
- Should be able to lift 20-60 pounds approximately 40-70% of the time and up to 90 pounds 40% of the time. Also able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Safe driving record and valid Operators License
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Knowledge of basic load safety and load securement
- Experience in loading and hauling Behlen product
- Safety and security on flatbed and gooseneck trailer
- Work with customers and communicate with Partners In Progress opportunities for improvement
- Perform truck and trailer routine maintenance
- Familiar with paperwork and office procedures
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Able to be gone from home for days when necessary
- Able to flex on to loading crew or other departments if necessary
- Safely and legally operate equipment
- Must be 23 years of age
- No current license suspensions or revocations
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.