Job Title: BMCT Financial Analyst
Department: BMC Transportation & Accounting
Location: Columbus, NE
Salary: Depending on experience & skills
1 Opening – 1st Shift
DESCRIPTION: This position will prepare the financial documents for BMC Transportation which includes billing, month-end book closing, driver documents, and others. There is also a need to conduct analysis on these documents and make recommendations for improved financial performance with the guidance of the BMCT Controller.
- Prepare BMC Transportation scorecard, month end reports, and journal entries.
- Generate reports on Carriers and Owner Operators
- Determine rates, billing, and routing trips
- Analyze and provide financial overviews to assist Business Units in decision making to achieve and sustain profitability
- Work closely with the Accounting team and business units to make and recommend actions, develop plans, strategies, forecasts, and monitor systems that will promote and sustain the business as a well-managed profit center
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivables for customers and contract freight carriers
- Oversee driver payroll process, including bi-monthly settlements, expense reconciliation, and escrow accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to detail ledgers and mainframe version
- Lead process improvement projects around administration duties, order to delivery metrics for business units, and cost reductions for business units
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of transportation or related work experience
- Strong internal and external related communication and teambuilding skills
- Good technical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, (including Excel and Word), and of TMW Systems Software (an AS400 system)
- Desire to self-improvement through continuous education and training
- Able to handle a fast-paced team environment
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire for finding business improvements and optimizations
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.