Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Salary: Dependent upon Qualifications
This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual that desires to provide financial reports and cost information to assist in cost analysis. This individual will perform accounting duties as part of the consolidation efforts of the accounting team.
- Prepare Cost of Sales report for all business units.
- Develop charts/graphs that will highlight critical aspects of current performance as well as past and future performance in “what if” situations. (“Paint a picture”)
- Interpret cost/financial information and provide recommendations to Accounting team when necessary.
- Monthly journal entries and balance accounts.
- Responsible for Annual Budgets, Quarterly Financials for review meetings, Staff reports and Business Update meeting financials.
- Prepare Audit work papers for the bank audit and general audit.
- Ability to work in a team environment, alongside business unit controllers, and treasurer to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Responsible for any other tasks as needed/assigned by Team Leader.
- Minimum of two years Education in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in general accounting/manufacturing cost accounting, with good financial skills.
- Strong Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Power Point required.
- Knowledge of Oracle-JDE World Application, & Report writing, a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good team player that enjoys interacting with Partners in Progress.
- Good technical skills including intermediate math skills, and high attention to accuracy, detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO:9001:2015.
- Self-Motivated with a strong desire for self-improvement through education and training.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.