Job Title: Senior Estimator/Estimator
Department: Structural Estimating
Location: Columbus, NE
2 Openings – 1st Shift
Compensation: Depending Upon Experience & Qualifications
- Timely response to customer requests for information, quotations or help
- Coordinate estimating needs with District Managers, Project Coordinators, and Estimating Assessor/Scheduler.
- Provide value-engineering suggestions that have the potential to create competitive advantage.
- Perform estimates applying established techniques or using modification and adaptations of standard Behlen products.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans, and applicable building code requirements.
- Stay up to date with changes/enhancements to production engineering systems to ensure consistency between engineering and estimating practices.
- Utilize a positive and aggressive approach to re-quotes, changes, and contract revisions.
- Be part of an effort to sustain a positive work environment.
- Willingness to enhance Behlen Buildings estimating techniques, processes and tools.
- Emphasize importance of safety in actions and communications.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- BA Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with estimating of metal buildings is a plus.
- Complete understanding of metal buildings and general construction concepts.
- Minimum five of years of experience in metal building systems.
- Excellent skills in plan and specification reading.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with the MBS software system.
This position is both sales and technical in nature. Effort to stay in sync with the production engineering teams is necessary. This knowledge must be implemented into our daily efforts and communicated in a way that Sales Partners in Progress and Behlen Customers understand. Educating sales teammates and customers is a part of this position. A high level of trust and respect between Customers, Sales, Estimating, Engineering, and Manufacturing is imperative.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.