Job Title: Detailer (Engineering Technician)
Department: Engineering, Trident Building Systems
Location: Sarasota, FL
Compensation: Depending upon Experience & Qualifications
- Plan drawings from engineered drawings/blueprints, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; confer with engineers and product designers as needed.
- Prepare detail drawings of beams, columns, embeds, trusses, panels, trims, bolts, connections, and weld joints via AutoCAD.
- Prepare supporting information by developing bills of materials, standard parts, and fasteners, etc.
- Modify drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes
- Document work by recording data and drawings; update databases.
- Understand and implement building codes and AISC requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and company officials.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Graduation from high school or vocational school.
- Extensive experience detailing/drafting fabrication/construction drawings of pre-engineered metal buildings via AutoCAD is required.
- MBS software experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and CNC related software
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of mathematics, geometry and trigonometry as applied to drafting functions.
Trident Building Systems/Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.