Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Department: Engineering & Quality, Behlen Technology & Manufacturing
Location: Omaha, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
This position is based on engineering support which include interaction with the quality department.
Responsibilities are based in the engineering disciplines but blend into the quality field. The successful candidate will work with customer PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans as well as drawing / print reviews and product measurements. This position also includes shop floor duties related to overall production quality checks and process controls.
- Work with the Engineering and Quality to develop/maintain a quality system that complies with ISO 9000.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing, and submitting first article documents, FMEAs, PPAPs, & control plans to customer requirements.
- Provide information required for generation of part-verification measuring.
- Maintain/perform calibration of measuring devices, along with maintaining calibration database.
- Generate/maintain quality check sheets and update JDE/PDM systems.
- Through promotion, encouragement, and planning assistance, this position will help our business units toestablish and achieve our objectives for “built in” quality.
- Ensure completion of new part inspection requirements.
- Investigate non-conforming material issues/process. Work with Team Leaders, Manufacturing
Managers, Purchasing and Customers for a resolution.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an internal quality audit system. Generate and perform internal auditsand provide corrective action feedback.
- Provide and maintain a system for controlling documentation of quality policies and procedures.
- Representing our company and coordinating audits from an outside source.
- Ability to work toward continuous improvement of product quality.
- Maintaining our CAR system.
- Train to be a lead Auditor.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis
- Engineering Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2- 3 years of experience related to Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in SolidWorks including 3D modeling, 3D assembly and 2D print development.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply understanding to various product prints and customer documents.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to read measuring devices (micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A participative management style
- Good team building skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Good attention to detail, ability to work on their own
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.