Job Title: Engineer in Training
Department: Building Design
Location: Columbus, NE or Boise, ID
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Wage Range: Depending on Qualifications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Ethically carry out all responsibilities
- Structural design of buildings applying established engineering techniques or using modifications and adaptations of standard Behlen products
- Work in a team environment with estimating, sales, and drafting to define, clarify, and process orders to meet customers’ needs on individual projects
- Read and interpret project plans, specifications and building code requirements
- Convey design information to Drafting, using written and verbal communication
- Review drawings for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with design
- Seal and certify drawings and calculations once licensed as a professional engineer
- Work with sales, architects, and builders to determine project requirements and proper utilization of Behlen systems
- B.S. Degree (Civil, Architectural or Structural Engineering)
- 0 to 2 years of experience in low rise building design
- Passing score on the NCEES Fundamental of Engineering Exam
- Familiarity with AISC and AISI specifications, ASCE-7 standard, and model building codes
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.