Director of Human Resources Columbus, Nebraska
Salary: Based on Qualifications
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Behlen has a strong desire to be a unique company building on our Partners in Progress strengths to be an industry leader in Customer Service while providing a positive quality of work life.
At Behlen, the Human Resources Team has 3 Primary Objectives:
(1) To represent all Partners in Progress, advocating the Behlen Global Values.
(2) To keep our Company actions legal.
(3) To represent leadership.
· As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of H.R. will lead what strives to be the most influential department in Behlen.
· In addition to being responsible for the normal H.R. functions (compensation, benefits, continuing education, etc.), this position requires a continuous learning approach to strengthening the Behlen culture.
· Assist the leadership team with organizational design changes and finding the best skill and team fit for all Partners in Progress to improve productivity and customer satisfaction.
· Provide the leadership team with analysis of objective data and information that will be used to make people decisions, which will lead to improving business decisions.
· Pursue goals that involve implementation of leading-edge teamwork and sustainable positive change.
· Coordinate involvement of HR activities at regional locations.
· Work closely with leadership team to enhance and process bonus compensation plans and management development letters.
· Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
· Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO: 9001:2015
· Recognize people want to be successful and therefore be a leader in creating a winning culture through leading edge teamwork.
· Knowledge and experience working with high performance work teams.
· Be creative and understanding with gainsharing, profit sharing or other similar variable pay sharing systems.
· Experience with Strategic Planning and Organizational Design activities desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources or Business Administration required
· Desirable 5 – 10 years in Business/Human Resource Management in a manufacturing environment.
· Some travel required.
· Experience in developing and managing surveys and analyzing results.
· Knowledge of software systems ADP and JDEdwards a plus
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.