JOB TITLE: IT Helpdesk
DEPARTMENT: Information Technologies (IT)
LOCATION: Columbus, NE
WAGE RANGE: Dependent on Qualifications
IT Helpdesk will provide software and hardware support. The Desktop Support Technician will assist with identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues, responding to and following up on telephone calls, email, and incident ticket requests.
- Have a working understanding of PC hardware and operating systems
- Provide technical support for company IT infrastructure which includes laptops, desktops, printers, and other IT related devices.
- Candidate would be able to “set up” a new PC to specifications provided
- Advise on the need for upgrades in both hardware and software
- Responding and logging incident ticket requests from employees in a timely manner.
- Have a good understanding of Network components and able to trouble shoot issues
- Working knowledge of cabling infrastructure, including cable termination and wire management standards.
- Must be able to work independently, being able to complete assigned tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Serve as the point of contact for unresolved problems from the Help Desk.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree related to computer hardware and or networks a plus
- Work Safely following PPE Rules where required
- Be a self starter
- Provide QUALITY Customer Service. This includes listening to customer needs, prioritizing work, and following up with customers.
- Recognize when to ask for help
- Minimal travel required
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.