Job Title: Controls Engineer
Department: Engineering – Hilton International Industries Co.
Location: Sarasota, FL
RANGE: Dependent upon Qualifications
This position is responsible for the
development, installation and maintenance of software systems on customer sites
such as operating systems, development software and communications programming,
including software systems. Also responsible for configuring controls system
and programming of motion controlled winding machineries.
Must have experience in developing of new
equipment and standardization of existing machines. Must have experienced with PLC and HMI
programming for coordinated motion system as well as Ethernet IP and EtherCAT
in process control software development to include, but not limited to,
programmable logic controllers (PLC) self-contained HMI units, and full HMI
systems. This includes all software and/or systems.
in the design and installation of software, stand alone and/or networked PLC/PC
systems to be used in a process control system at a customer site, to include
the installation of all software and/or systems.
scheduled and emergency repairs and/or maintenance of software system and PC
networks at customer site to include basic knowledge of instrument assemblies
such as pressure and temperature transmitters, flow meters, process and control
valves, I/P converters and pneumatic assemblies.
Manager of current service status by the means of service reports, project
schedules and maintenance tracking system. Keeps Manager aware of any customer
activities that could hinder the normal operation of any system. Developer must
have the ability to create very detailed system scope and operational
- Knowledge of Kollmorgen Automation Suite and Omron Sysmac Studio programming (ISO standard IEC 61131-3) is highly preferred
- Designs, programs, specifies, and supervises machine electrical build.
- Interfacing with various communication protocols; design, procure and layout control panels.
- Creates electrical schematics and layout drawings using AutoCAD.
Controls Engineer, Automation programmer,
Machine Control Programmer, Motion Control, Electrical Engineer, PLC, HMI,
Servo Control, Automation Suite, Sysmac Studio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BEE) or computer science
- Must have 3-5 years experience programming PLC and HMI
- Must have a firm understanding of entire electrical scope of web machinery
- Experience with pneumatic layout drawings and controls is desired
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.