Job Title: Business Unit Controller – Ag & Hilton
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Wage Range: Dependent on Qualifications
SUMMARY: This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual that desires to provide financial leadership to the Ag Products and Hilton Divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and Train team members to understand financial trends and how to impact them.
- As a part of the analysis, the individual should be able to develop financial reports and charts that will highlight critical aspects of current performance as well as past and future performance for multiple scenarios.
- The analytical skills of this person should incorporate a line-item understanding of operational costs and variances (both internal and external factors) that can influence trends, and advise the Business Unit of desirable operational adjustments to meet financial objectives.
- This person will provide performance analysis, including both budgeting and forecasting for Ag & Hilton.
- The individual will assist in the determination of selling prices and recommend margins, through overseeing product costs, customer programs, freight, and SGA for the Business Unit.
- This individual will work closely with both the members of the Accounting Team and the Business Unit to make and recommend actions, develop plans, strategies, forecasts and monitoring systems that will promote and sustain the business as a well-managed profit center.
- The individual will be responsible for month end closing duties for their Business Units, as well as several month end-closing entries for the whole company, including overseeing purchase price variances, scrap expenses, cycle count, and drop off report.
- This individual will perform accounting duties as part of the accounting team, including “Balance Sheet and Income Statement Oversight”.
- This individual will be responsible for Hilton elemental cost, discounts, tabs crate and figuring commissions.
- This person will be responsible for several weekly and monthly reports for the whole company, including departmental transfer reporting and fixed assets.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Minimum of three years of strong manufacturing cost accounting experience, with good financial analysis skills.
- Computer (Oracle-JDE World Application), P/C, and modeling skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Seeking a professional, that is proactively involved in solving business problems.
- Expertise on multi-business unit operations, multiple product groups, and inter-company transfers.
- S. in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Strong desire for career growth.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.