Machine Controls Specialist Columbus, Nebraska
Maintenance Department 21
1 Opening – 1ST shift
This is an opportunity for a safety-conscious individual to utilize their electrical controls and organizational skills. This position requires an individual who can work with minimal instruction and has the desire to research and implement solutions to laser, robotic, PLC and Motor Control issues.
- Focus efforts to work towards optimal machine control’s function and output, with the highest product quality.
- A broad knowledge of CO2 and fiber laser technology, robotics, PLC and VFD machine controls, as well as an understanding of PC based machine controls used in a metal fabrication and finishing shop.
- This individual will be required to learn, modify, and troubleshoot control systems for sheet lasers, tube lasers, roll formers, break and punch presses using PLCs, VFDs, PIDs and relay logic.
- This individual will be responsible for installation, modification and maintaining gas burner controls with proper safety features through the use of PID controllers.
- Assists department manager with work schedules for maintenance team. Including projects, predictive maintenance, PM repair and general maintenance tasks specific to but not limited to controls applications.
- May be required to order replacement parts. Inspects completed repairs.
- Also responsible for facility maintenance and facility services including maintenance and repairs of plant, office, and other structures, water, compressed air, fuel, HVAC and other systems related to the facility and occupancy.
- Ensures that maintenance department objectives are met including project, cost, quality and safety factors.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Assist in the development and implementation of predictive maintenance program.
- May require travel to support regional plants, as necessary.
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- Focus efforts to work toward continuous improvement of product quality using ISO 9000 Systems.
- A two-year degree in electro-mechanical technology or equivalent and willing to continue to broaden educational background.
- Certification / Training Courses in laser cutting training course(s), robotics, VFD and PID controllers preferred.
- Process improvement and process optimization project identification and management skills required.
- Must be able to select the best fit for machine control solution improvement projects as well as replacement of obsolete machine control equipment.
- Ability to teach, write robot work instructions to modify or setup efficient robotic routines in robotic work cells.
- Ability to read, write and troubleshoot complex machine PLC programs.
- Ability to navigate through VFD parameters for setup and troubleshooting as well as PID temp controllers.
- Thorough understanding of safety circuits design and proper component selection through installation.
- Ability to work from aerial buckets and in confined spaces.
- May be required to adjust weekly schedule in order to meet departmental needs.
- Willing to work overtime and off-shift as needed and be available for weekends.
- Must be accessible for off shift emergency calls.
- Must be able to trouble shoot machinery or mechanical equipment and make decisions on how to repair. Adjust functional parts of mechanical devices, as necessary.
- Plan TPM and schedule TPM of electrical equipment.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed.
- A team player
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so.
- Good planning, communication, and organization skills
- Telephone access a necessity
- Ability to work towards the continuous improvement of product quality.
- Ability to work with and schedule outside contractors and vendors.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.