Department 32 – Shipping
1 Openings – 2nd Shift (2:00 pm – 10:00 pm)
Reports to: Russ Kudron
Active Gainsharing Program
This position will begin as a Building Loader and can progress with training to become a Building Checker. Successful candidate will promote Good Iron & Great Experience through on-time and complete shipments of Building products.
- Accurately and completely check outgoing and incoming shipments.
- Check packing list against part number and visual identification of parts prior to loading.
- Effectively work with customers, transportation, and manufacturing departments.
- Locate parts, indicate on packing lists if parts are shipped, and load on trailers.
- Will be responsible for the safety of up to three Partners at any given time.
- Responsible for safe handling and placement of parts on vehicle for the purpose of securing to trailer, preventing damage while loading and in transit.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Complies with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Creates and maintains a working team environment.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Performs routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and productivity with limited supervision.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9001:2015 Systems.
- Ability to become certified for operation of portable crane, lift trucks, and yard tractor.
- Knowledge of building parts; location of parts; familiarity with requirements of truck loading, including weight, length, height, etc.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Should be able to lift 20-60 pounds approximately 40-70% of the time and up to 90 pounds 40% of the time.