Journeyman Electrician Columbus, Nebraska
Maintenance Department 21
1 Opening – 1ST shift
This is an opportunity for a safety-conscious individual to utilize their electrical and organizational skills. This position requires an individual who can work with minimal instruction and has the desire to work toward continuous improvement in a variety of applications.
- A broad knowledge of electrical services and capable of working from machine design drawings, specifications, and maintenance instructions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of plant electrical grid.
- Work with maintenance on electrical service installations.
- Responsible for selecting proper electrical components in accordance with NFPA codes.
- Must have a thorough understanding of buss electrical distribution, as well as wire conductor, conduit power distribution.
- Mastery level conduit bending and running of conduit for conduit runs of up to 4”.
- Must be able to properly size electrical disconnect enclosures for production line, central location breaker disconnects, in accordance with all federal and state codes and laws.
- May be required to order replacement parts. Inspects completed repairs.
- Responsible for facility maintenance and facility services including maintenance and repairs of plant, office, and other structures, water, compressed air, fuel, HVAC, and other systems related to the facility and occupancy.
- Ensures that maintenance and facilities department objectives are met including project, cost, quality, and safety factors.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for electrical contractor selection.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- May require travel to support regional plants, as necessary.
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems.
- Must have an Electrical Journeyman’s license.
- A two-year degree in electro-mechanical technology or equivalent and willing to continue to broaden educational background a plus.
- Ability to work from aerial buckets and in confined spaces.
- May be required to adjust weekly schedule in order to meet departmental needs.
- Willing to work overtime and off-shift as needed and be available for call-ins.
- Must be very familiar and comfortable working with high voltage, 3 phase power using proper PPE in accordance with all federal and state codes and laws.
- Must be very familiar and comfortable working with single phase and low machine control voltage, using proper PPE in accordance with all federal and state codes and laws.
- Must be accessible for off shift emergency calls.
- Must be able to trouble shoot machinery or mechanical equipment and make decisions on how to repair. Ensures that all safety procedures are followed. Adjust functional parts of mechanical devices, as necessary.
- Plan TPM and schedule TPM of electrical equipment
- A team player
- Willing to work irregular hours if called upon to do so.
- Good planning, communication, and organization skills
- Telephone access a necessity
- Ability to work towards the continuous improvement of product quality.
- Ability to work with and schedule outside contractors and vendors.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.