Job Title: Graphic Designer Photographer/Videographer
Department: Dept 73 – Graphics
Salary: Based on Qualifications and Experience
Behlen Mfg is looking for someone with extensive experience in graphic design, photography, and videography is ideal for this role. The candidate is innovative and has a passion for all aspects of graphic design, illustration, typography, and layout. They are creative, detail-oriented, organized, and conscientious. The right individual has a good eye for design and is versed in all aspects of photography and videography, including retouching, editing, composition, and brand storytelling. This self-motivated Graphic Designer Photographer/Videographer will be led by the Director of Marketing and will work collaboratively with the Marketing team to develop and design outcomes that drive marketing objectives and sales goals.
- Work closely with the marketing team to strategize and implement design ideas.
- Use advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of graphic design, print production, photography, videography, and other media relevant to branding and product promotion.
- Think creatively to design appealing assets within our brand guidelines.
- Marry visual design with photography, text, and brand elements to create unique marketing collateral. Create assets from scratch using brand materials. The ability to create motion or animated graphics is a plus.
- Responsible for design, layout, and production. Must understand print production requirements. Ensure accuracy of design files and prepare for pre-press.
- Print and distribute proofs, review, and correct proofs.
- Archive and update graphic files.
- Manage graphics and production requests for varied projects. Manage projects through assigned timelines.
- Work closely with engineers to produce and maintain technical information product manuals.
- Photograph products and people in-house and on-location, maintaining brand style consistency. Skillfully execute photo retouching such as color correction, exposure, removing images from backgrounds, super-imposing products in an environment, cloning, etc.
- Video production – assist in scriptwriting, coordinate products/ models, capture and edit video.
- Recognize and implement opportunities to create short video promotions to drive traffic through our social media channels.
- Support the content development for all Behlen websites to help drive traffic and conversions.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support a social media content calendar that spans all channels and ensures alignment with business priorities.
- Stay current on industry trends and share design solutions that will align with the company’s business objectives.
- Learn new tools and software to stay current; leverage individual learning, webinars, social media, and external education.
- Oversee and maintain inventory of assets – images, video, design elements.
- Serve as a backup for the print shop by operating the digital printer, copiers, cutter, and shipping and postage equipment.
- Assist marketing team members with various projects as needed.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BFA in graphic design/visual communications or combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional graphic design experience preferable producing print and multimedia/interactive communications (submit portfolio)
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in photography and videography (submit portfolio)
- Highly creative
- Proficient with DSLR camera equipment and lighting equipment
- Skilled in Adobe CC
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in motion and animated graphics is a plus.
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills with attention to detail
- Resourceful, team-oriented, and a proven self-starter able to work independently
- Organized with ability to multi-task and work under shifting deadlines
- Effectively take direction from and collaborate with peers
- Travel occasionally for photo and video shoots
- Attend and photograph company events outside of regular business hours
- Organize and set-up products for photo and video – some lifting required