Behlen Country Engineering Team Leader Columbus, Nebraska
DEPARTMENT 57 – Behlen Country Engineering
1 Opening – 1st Shift
COMPENSATION: Salary Dependent on Experience and Qualifications
- Lead the Behlen Country Engineering team through manufacturing projects that partner with Continuous Improvement and manufacturing to improve machine/process outputs.
- Review Behlen Country product designs for opportunities of improvement and design for longevity.
- Work with cross-functional teams for optimal manufacturing processes that increase machine capabilities and throughputs.
- Review machine designs for potential process improvements with focus on productivity and efficiencies.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve processes by integrating controls & innovative new ways to produce product.
- Create a documented process to post-audit and monitor the team’s innovative changes to ensure desired results.
- Partner with Partners in Progress, Team Leaders, Manufacturing Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and Maintenance on product quality, manufacturing processes, and corrective actions, internal and external to the company.
- Prioritize projects based on return on investments, and productivity improvements.
- Assist with LEAN innovation of manufacturing process implementation and sustainability.
- Be able to determine “fit” of any customized Behlen Country products for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of the latest in machine controls, how they work and the best fit for Behlen machines.
- Understanding or ability to learn manufacturing vision programs and set up manufacturing vision applications.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Project Management, or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience
- AutoCAD experience or willingness to learn
- Experience as a strong team builder
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an understanding that excellent internal and external customer service is essential to success
- Self-starter – able to plan and follow through independently on assignments
- Desire to partake in continual learning and career growth opportunities
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.