JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer Columbus, Nebraska
WAGE LEVEL: Based on Qualifications
Behlen is seeking a CFO to provide strategic financial leadership, direct and coordinate financial activities, and strive to optimize Behlen Mfg. Co.’s financial performance. Behlen Mfg. Co. is looking for a dynamic individual who will actively contribute to key management decisions and be a value-added member of the Behlen Leadership Team.
- Improve our Strategic Planning process and design assessment tools and implementation plans for acquisitions. Assist in negotiations.
- Understand and implement International Foreign Exchange strategies for purchases and shipments. Including Chinese RMB and Brazilian Real.
- Develop hedging strategies for interest rates and purchasing (Steel, Natural Gas, Diesel Fuel – Physical and Financial)
- Studies external economic trends and projects their impact in sales and market share. Develop “what if” scenarios based on our trends.
- Compares sales and bottom-line projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; recommends any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Assist Accounting Team in the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Partner with outside agencies to ensure completion of audits in a timely manner, consult on legal matters, optimize lending needs, and coordinate annual stock valuation.
- Partner with HR in the design and delivery of bonus compensation plans, lead insurance coverage discussions including benefits, liability, and workers compensation, and oversee management of 401(K) Plan including record keeper and advisors.
- Work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 systems.
- Emphasize importance of safety in actions and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, CPA are preferred.
- 15+ years experience in financial leadership roles
- Strong forecasting and budgeting skills
- Experience in due diligence and consolidation of acquisitions
- Strong organizational and people development skills
- Working knowledge of foreign exchange transactions
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.