JOB TITLE: Business Unit Controller–Behlen Country & BMCT
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Department
LOCATION: Columbus, NE
REPORT TO: Matrix Team basis to the Corporate Controller and the Business Unit Leader of Behlen Country
WAGE RANGE: Dependent on Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual that desires to provide financial leadership to the Behlen Country Team & BMCT Transportation Team.
- This individual will perform accounting duties as part of the accounting team, including overseeing of invoicing, business unit accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Educate and Train team members to understand trends and how to impact them.
- As a part of the analysis the individual should be able to develop financial reports and charts that will highlight critical aspects of current performance as well as past and future performance in “what if “ situations. (“Paint a picture”).
- The analytical skills of this person should incorporate a line-item understanding of operational costs and variances (both internal and external factors) that can influence trends, and advise the Business Unit of desirable operational adjustments to meet financial objectives.
- This person will provide performance analysis for all Behlen Country plant locations, including both budgeting and forecasting.
- The individual will assist in the determination of selling prices and recommend margins, through overseeing product costs, customer programs, freight, and SGA for the Business Unit.
- Analyzing and providing financial overviews to assist Business Units in decision making to achieve and sustain profitability-break even analysis.
- This individual will work closely with both the members of the Accounting Team and the Business Unit to make and recommend actions, develop plans, strategies, forecasts and monitoring systems that will promote and sustain the business as a well-managed profit center.
- Provide accounting leadership to inter-company transferring of products.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Minimum of five years of strong manufacturing cost accounting focus, with good financial analysis skills.
- Computer (Oracle-JDE World Application), P/C, and modeling skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Seeking a professional, that is proactively involved in solving business problems.
- Expertise on multi-plant operations, multiple product groups, and inter-company transfers.
- B.S. in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Strong desire for career growth.
- MBA or CMA would be considered a plus.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.