JOB TITLE: BMCT Financial Analyst
LOCATION: Columbus, NE
REPORTS TO: Matrix team basis to BMCT General Manager and BMCT Controller
SALARY: Depending on experience &
DESCRIPTION: This position will prepare the
financial documents for BMC Transportation which includes billing, month-end
book closing, driver documents, and others.
There is also a need to conduct analysis on these documents and make
recommendations for improved financial performance with the guidance of the
- Prepare BMC Transportation scorecard, month end
reports, and journal entries.
- Generate reports on Carriers and Owner Operators
- Determine rates, billing, and routing trips
- Analyze and provide financial overviews to assist
Business Units in decision making to achieve and sustain profitability
- Work closely with the Accounting team and
business units to make and recommend actions, develop plans, strategies,
forecasts, and monitor systems that will promote and sustain the business as a
well-managed profit center
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts
receivables for customers and contract freight carriers
- Oversee driver payroll process, including
bi-monthly settlements, expense reconciliation, and escrow accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to detail
ledgers and mainframe version
- Lead process improvement projects around administration
duties, order to delivery metrics for business units, and cost reductions for
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety
policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of transportation or related work experience
- Strong internal and external related communication and teambuilding skills
- Good technical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, (including Excel and Word), and of TMW Systems Software (an AS400 system)
- Desire to self-improvement through continuous education and training
- Able to handle a fast-paced team environment
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire for finding business improvements and optimizations
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.