Job Title: Process Engineer Team Leader
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st shift
Salary: Dependent on Education and Experience
This position is involved with the overall production operation with a focus to produce and develop processes that ensure quality, cost control and efficiency is met / improved throughout the plant. Focus on continuous improvement and the leadership of the AIM program. Troubleshooting problems related to production and equipment processes. Researches and recommends equipment upgrades as well as involvement with new equipment procurement. Assist in removal and obsolescence of equipment taken out of service.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedure, policy and job safety analysis (JSA).
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems.
- Provides support, coordination, and leadership to all AIM and production functions plant wide.
- Actively facilitates searching for new ideas and continuous improvement of production processes and equipment functions.
- Work with production to monitor and improve the efficiency, outputs and safety of the manufacturing process through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other partners in progress and team leaders.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operational systems for all manufacturing.
- Coordinates and plans AIM meeting schedules, team membership and other issues as required
- Coordinates all AIM week activities during first week in December
- Promotes AIM and Gainsharing objectives and actively participates in related activities and meetings
- Tracks, maintains and investigates AIM suggestions from idea to implementation and helps drive projects to a successful completion
- Communicates AIM and gainsharing accomplishments thru AIM board, news articles, etc.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience related to Engineering or manufacturing leadership roles.
- Creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to positively engage the knowledge and talents of partners in progress in order to help themselves in providing charge and continuous improvement
- Desire and ability to plan and achieve results
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.