Cattle handling Welder
JOB LOCATION: Columbus, NE
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 3 Openings - 1st shift
WAGE RANGE: NMTA Level 3 ($12.63-$14.39)
- Must be able to complete and pass Horizontal Groove Weld Test
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ability to help in all areas of the department as needed.
- Perform welding operations on livestock equipment products using appropriate jigs. Set machine properly according to material requirements.
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems.
- Maintain machine and perform other operations as necessary
- Responsible for the safety and training of others
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision
- Minimum of twelve months wire welding experience
- Basic mathematical ability
- Position will require lifting 30 to 70 pounds approximately 30% of the time
- Be able to read a tape measure
- Lean experience preferred.
- Physical requirements include: Standing & walking constantly for (67% to 100%) of the time, sitting occasionally (1%-33%) of the time, reaching and reaching across midline frequently (34%-66%) of the time, handling(hold, grasp, seize, turn) constantly (67%-100%) of the time, fingering (pinch/pick) occasionally (1%-33%) of the time, crouching/squatting frequently (34%-66%) of the time, stooping frequently (34%-66%) of the time, kneeling, stairs, ladder, and vibrating equipment occasionally (1%-33%) of the time
- Machine control operation includes: arm/hand movement constantly (67%-100%) of the time, simple grasp (grasp lightly) constantly (67%-100%) of the time, firm grasp (use pressure/force) frequently (34%-66%) of the time
- Lifting / Lowering weight: occasionally 100 pounds (1%-33%) of the time and lifting/lowering frequently 60 pounds (34%-66%) of the time; Pushing / pulling weight: 45 pounds frequently (34%-66%) of the time